what's it all about?

This blog is devoted to slowing down and looking honestly at the way we live our lives here on earth. In the faced paced world we live in, its important to put life in perspective and decide what really matters to us. Hopefully, this blog will inspire you to live everyday with joy and with a smile on your face, and to serve others with compassion and love. So while we are still here, let's show God's love to this world and fill it with the hope of the kingdom that's coming soon.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

patient hope

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him" Romans 15:13

I've always been a dreamer. I've tried for years to plan out my life, imagining the perfect house, the perfect job, the perfect husband, the perfect number of children. I've changed my job plans from interior decorator to architect to landscape architect to wedding planner to fashion designer to nurse to physician assistant to baker to writer. I've wanted to travel and volunteer and explore. My Pinterest wedding is utterly gorgeous and probably costs more money than I'll ever see. I've picked out enough baby names to fill a classroom. Honestly though, after all this planning, I don't really know what I'm doing with my life. And I don't feel any less worried about it either.

But lately, I've been trying to remember that none of my 'perfect' plans are actually perfect, nor are they up to me. God has written the plan for my life and I believe that it is truly more perfect and amazing than I could ever imagine. I know that the Lord has promised to do what He knows is best for me, even if I don't know it yet.

My new prayer is "Lord, let your will me done in me. Instead of listing my requests and asking for God's blessing, I pray that He will show me what He wants me to do in order to glorify Him.

With this mindset, I've felt more fulfilled and at peace than when I was worrying about my life's direction. I trust that the Lord will provide and I am filled with joy in His promises that never fail.

So instead of worrying about what the future might hold, I'm putting my life story in God's hands. He has the master plan and I will wait in joyful and patient hope as it beautifully unfolds.

2 comments:

  1. God is so good! and it is so encouraging to see Him working in you and calming your heart when things don't go 'as planned'. I am thankful that He has given you a genuine heart for writing these in such a way that is His. I love God for loving you and I love you for loving Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is SO good! And its a wonderful thing to be at peace in Him! Thank you and I love you too!

    ReplyDelete